Monday 17 February 2014

Mysterious Melody Clarke

Is this the real Melody Clarke?
Welcome to Jawspring, the exhibition that is celebrating World Poetry Day on the 21st March by fusing Art and Poetry.

It goes without saying that when you send out an 'Open Call' you are providing an opportunity for other creative people but for me it is also a broadening of experience and an opportunity to meet new faces. Although we have built a loyal group, where once unfamiliar faces have now become friends there is always a wild card in the pack. Melody Clarke is our joker. Usually I can track down their online profiles, attribute Twitter and Facebook accounts to them and start to build a past and a future. If I was a gambling man then I would say that our Melody Clarke was the head honcho at Beware of the Bull but then I could be talking poppycock. We'll let Clarke be the mysterious member of the Sushi Laureates and for her poem, 'Romancing the stoned' to do the talking.....

Smoke, musk, silk.
Touching soft skin.
Marry me,’ I murmur.
No,’ he said.

We have printed her poem onto this model sushi and will be exhibiting it at the Village Hall Gallery from the 19th-24th March 2014. If you would like to join us, please send a haiku or poem (less than 80 characters) to me Alban at albanlow@hotmail.com or tweet  @albanart
Full details are on our submit poems page.

All these Sushi Laureates can be found on their designated page.
 
AL.

No comments:

Post a Comment