Thursday 6 February 2014

Ed Arantus - Erogenous Zone to Funny Bone

Ed Arantus'
Sushi Poem
Welcome to Jawspring, the exhibition that is celebrating World Poetry Day on the 21st March by fusing Art and Poetry.

Ed Arantus is not only an artist and activist but an all round good egg. As a regular visitor to my studio I have been lucky enough to witness his artistic talents first hand. He still remains a bit of mystery and it was with great surprise to receive a Haiku from him last week. He is no stranger to exhibitions and publications, it was his entry into the cutting edge Censored Zine of July 2010 that piqued my interest, alongside a few risqué photos too. Always playful, whether that be erogenous zone or funny bone, here he gives us his JawSpring haiku called Smug......


dotting my eyes
 
crossing my teeth
 
Tapping my knows.

Ed Arantus
Orange Peel Artist
We have printed his poem onto this model sushi and will be exhibiting it at the Village Hall Gallery from the 19th-24th March 2014. If you would like to join us, please send a haiku or poem (less than 80 characters) to me Alban at albanlow@hotmail.com or tweet  @albanart
Full details are on our submit poems page.

All these Sushi Laureates can be found on their designated page.
 
AL.

No comments:

Post a Comment